by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28398 times
Guava is in season, and the Christmas spirit is in the air. This means its time to make Guava Cheese! A famous sweet made during Christmas time, the Guava Cheese is much-loved by kids and adults because it has a fabulously fruity flavour with a mild lemony tinge! It takes a little time to make but is completely worth the effort. If you want to make it look more attractive, you can add food colour to the mixture. Make sure you let it cool for two hours before cutting, otherwise it might still be sticky and difficult to cut neatly. Surprise your friends with this awesome homemade treat when you visit them for Christmas!
- Combine the guava and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid, drain well and cool completely.
- Put the cooked guava pieces in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Put the mixture in a strainer and strain with a help of a spoon to remove the pulp.
- Remember to measure the pulp. The pulp and sugar ratio should be 1:1.
- Combine the pulp, sugar, ghee and lemon juice in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 20 to 22 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture in a greased rectangle aluminium tray of 250mm. (10") by 150mm. (6").
- Keep aside for 2 hours and cut into 21 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve or store it in an air tight container.
Guava Cheese Recipe Video (Christmas Special Recipe) by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.