Green Tagliatelle with Mushrooms and Broccoli
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 138 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14173 times
Tagliatelle is a flat ribbon pasta which is native to Naples, the home of pasta dishes. Spinach tagliatelle tossed in mustard and brandy flavoured cheese sauce with the freshness of mushrooms and broccoli is simply marvelous. The addition of cheese spread to the sauce makes it of good thick coating consistency. Like the city of Naples, this sauce is mellow and sophisticated. This sauce also works well using plain fettuccine or spaghetti.
- Divide the pasta dough into 2 portions and roll out each portion as thinly as possible.
- Cut each pasta sheet into a 250 mm. x 250 mm. (10" x 10") square.
- Dust the pasta sheet with plenty of flour and roll it up tightly like a Swiss roll. Cut into 6 mm. (1/4") strips.
- Heat plenty of water in a broad pan and add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Add a few strands of the tagliatelle to the boiling water at a time and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl of cold water to refresh it. Drain again and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and broccoli and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, cheese spread, mustard, salt and pepper and mix well. Bring to a boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the brandy and parsley and mix well. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, reheat the sauce and toss the green tagliatelle in it.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||682.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-2.9 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-2.7 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-1 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||22.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.