Green Pea and Spring Onion Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11768 times
This recipe brings together the juicy textures and fresh flavours of two ever-popular ingredients – green peas and spring onions.
Sautéing the ingredients in butter gives the Green Pea and Spring Onion Soup a wonderful aroma and buttery taste, while ingredients like cabbage and onions add to the soup’s flavour and volume.
Boiling the soup with milk helps to give it a creamy and rather soothing texture and pleasant flavour. Enjoy this soup hot and fresh.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the green pea pods, spring onions and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and 2 cups of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool and blend in a mixer along with 1 cup of water till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the milk, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.