Yellow Moong Dal and Spring Onion Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 121 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50562 times
Who can resist a scrumptious paratha? an ideal snack option which can also make a filling meal. In this version, spring onions provide crunch to a wholesome and appetizing stuffing of moong dal.
- Combine the wheat flour and salt in a bowl and knead into soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm (3") diameter.
- Place one portion of the stuffing mixture in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 100 mm (4") diameter, using a little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha using ¼ tsp of oil till both sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per paratha
| 101 kcal|| 3.9 gm|| 16.8 gm|| 2.1 gm|| 1.2 mg|| 0.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.