Moong Dal Mangodi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39149 times
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal for for 6 to 8 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Grind the moong dal to a smooth paste without using any water.
- Add the asafoetida and ginger-green chili paste and mix well.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag fitted with plain nozzle and pipe out small dots on a greased thali.
- Keep the mangodis in the sun for 2 days or until the mangodis dry out completely.
- strore in an air-tight container.
- Use as required.
- You can also pipe the moong dal mixture through a 'chakli' or a thick 'sev' press.
- Urad dal (split black lentils) can be used instead of moong dal for the above recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.