by Foodie #497919
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71181 times
Its a traditional dish of Bihar. Its basically an evening snack served with chokha made out of potato,brinjal and tomato.
Add your private note
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:
Makes 6 to 7 pieces
- Sieve the flour and add salt,ajwain,kalonji,refined oil
- Knead the dough properly with water and make a stiff dough.
- Cover with a wet cloth and keep aside.
- Take sattu or roasted gram flour in a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well. In case the stuffing is bit dry, you can add little water.
- Make sure the stuffing is not too dry and not to soft.
- Take the dough.
- Make 6-7 medium equal sized balls.
- Take each ball and flatten the ball a bit with your palm and make depression.
- Fill a portion of the stuffing and close the balls by lifting the sides by hand and flatten the litti a bit by pressing your palm.
- Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadhai.
- Fry the litti till golden brown*
- Boil the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Half-cut the brinjal and roast on the fire from both the sides untill it becomes soft.
- Take a bowl of cold water and put the roasted brinjal in it.
- Peel of the burnt skin of the brinjal.
- Mash boiled potatoes,brinjal and tomatoes together.
- Add finely chopped onion,coriander leaves,salt,green chillies and oil.
- Add all the ingredients.
- Chokha is ready
- Cut the litti in equal halves and put 1 tsp hot ghee in between
- Serve hot with chokha.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #497919 on 28 Oct 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.