Doodhi ka Halwa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 329 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 130390 times
A traditional recipe of bottle gourd cooked with milk and cardamom.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the grated doodhi and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add the milk and cardamoms and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the halwa is almost dry, add the sugar and food colour and mix well.
- Stir for 5 to 10 minutes till the moisture has evaporated.
- Serve hot, garnished with the slivered almonds.
- VARIATION : DOODHI KA HALWA (SUGAR FREE)
- At step 3, add 8 to 10 sachets of artificial sweetner instead of the sugar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.