by Tarla Dalal
Added to 479 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48866 times
A delectable combination of figs, cashew and pistachio barfis, rolled to create this tricolour Swiss roll.
- Make the anjeer, cashew and pista barfi as mentioned in the respective recipes.
- Roll out the anjeer barfi into a rectangle of 100 mm. x 150 mm. (4" x 6").
- Add the broken cashewnuts to the cashew barfi and mix well.
- Roll out the cashew barfi into a rectangle of 87 mm. x 150 mm. (3 1/2" x 6"). Place this on top of anjeer rectangle.
- Roll out the pista barfi into a cylindrical roll of 150 mm. (6") width and 12 mm. (1/2") thickness.
- Place the pista barfi roll on one side of the anjeer-cashew rectangle.
- Roll tightly starting from the end where the pista barfi roll is placed and seal the edges completely.
- Gently press the roll till it is about 200 mm . (8") long.
- Roll this onto poppy seeds so that the poppy seeds coat the barfi completely.
- Cut the roll into 8 slices of 25 mm. (1") thickness.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.