by Tarla Dalal
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22404 times
Layers of saffron-tinged cashew barfi, badam barfi and pista barfi play together to create a chequered barfi that looks good and tastes wonderful. Take a bite and chew it for a minute to let the flavours sink in and stir up your taste buds.
- Make the badam, cashew and pista barfis as mentioned in their respective recipes.
- Dissolve the saffron in the milk, add it to the cashew barfi and mix well.
- Divide the badam barfi, cashew barfi and pista barfi into 3 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a cylindrical of 200 mm. (8") length and 6 mm. (1/4") thickness.
- On a sheet of plastic, place one badam roll, one cashew roll and one pista roll next to each other, to form a layer.
- Top the first layer with a cashew roll, pista roll and badam roll (in that order).
- Top with the third layer of pista roll, badam roll and cashew roll.
- Press gently so that all the barfi rolls stick together to form a rectangle.
- Garnish the rectangle with the silver leaves.
- Cut the rectangle into 8 slices of 25 mm. (1") thickness.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.