Atte ka Malpua
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 259 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 279291 times
Atte ka Malpua is just what you need to warm your heart on a cold, winter’s day. It is not surprising then that this is a traditional favourite in Rajasthani households, especially during the unrelenting winter days. The smell of sugary, spicy whole wheat batter deep-frying in ghee, especially the prominent accents of fennel and pepper, is enough to make one drool! To get perfectly round and crispy malpuas, make sure the ghee is piping hot before ladling the batter into it.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the crushed peppercorns, fennel seeds, whole wheat flour and ¼ cup of water and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, pour a laddleful of the mixture into the hot ghee 1 at a time and deep-fry on a high flame till golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat step 4 to make 14 more malpuas.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.