Chenna Malpua ( Rajasthani Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Chenna Malpua ( Rajasthani Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 176 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 72798 times
Delicate and lacy malpuas made using fresh paneer which will melt in your mouth. This recipe is somewhat comparable to the famous malai malpuas of Pushkar near Ajmer. Serve them warm topped with raabdi or just garnished with chopped almonds and pistachios. You will find chenna malpuas only at a few cities in Rajasthan. Just grab the opportunity to make them as they are simply divine! These malpuas are a little tricky to make, so be patient. Sometime, they can just disintegrate in the ghee while frying. If that happens, add some more cornflour to bind the dough.
- Heat the milk in a deep non-stick pan, add the lemon juice gradually and stir it gently.
- The milk will curdle and the whey will separate. The whey has to be clear thus indicating the milk has completely curdled. Allow it to rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Strain out all the whey using a strainer and keep the chenna aside for 10 to 15 minutes till all the whey is drained out.
- Remove the chenna onto a clean plate and knead gently so that it is free of lumps, taking care not to apply too much pressure while kneading the chenna. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead well into a dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Place a small piece of wet muslin cloth on a flat surface, place a portion of the dough in the centre and cover with another wet muslin cloth. Fatten it with wet hands to make a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle.
- Heat the ghee in a shallow kadhai and deep-fry the malpua on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Remove the malpua using a slotted spoon and immerse it in the sugar syrup immediately.
- Allow them to soak for approx. 5 minutes.
- Repeat the steps 3 to 6 to make 9 more malpuas.
- Drain the malpua from the sugar syrup and place it on a serving plate.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds and pistachios.
- At step 4, do not deep-fry more than 1 malpua, as they might disintegrate.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chenna malpua
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.