Yellow Banana Chips Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8306 times
Crispy wafers made out of yellow bananas are an all-time favourite all over the country, especially in regions of Kerala and Tamil Nadu where yellow bananas are available all year round. You need to choose hard and raw yellow bananas to make these wafers. Some people like to make it out of bananas that have just begun to ripen, in order to get a sweet and spicy flavour but this recipe gives you the procedure for proper raw bananas. Follow the procedure of adding salt, and other steps, exactly as mentioned in this recipe in order to get perfect Yellow Banana Chips. The outcome will be so fabulous that your Raw Banana Wafers will earn you many compliments!
Recipe Description for Yellow Banana Chips, Banana Wafers, Raw Banana Wafers
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan on a slow flame.
- Meanwhile, make light slits on the raw banana peels at equal distance while taking care not to slit the raw banana.
- Trim both the edges of the raw banana and gently remove the peel using your fingers. Keep aside.
- Combine the salt and 4 tbsp of water in a small bowl and mix well till the salt dissolves completely. Keep aside.
- Slice half the raw banana using a slicer directly into the hot oil.
- Allow the banana slices to cook for ½ minute and then add 1 tbsp of salt-water mixture to the oil. Let this cook for ½ minute again and then gently mix well using a slotted spoon.
- Continue cooking the chips on a medium flame till they turn crisp from both the sides and the spluttering sound of oil-water stops, while stirring occasionally. Remove the banana chips from the oil and drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat the same procedure to make more banana chips in 3 more batches.
- Cool completely and serve or store in an air-tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.