Upvaas Thalipeeth Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8388 times
A satiating thalipeeth made of rajgira flour is the perfect food to have on a fasting day. Perked up with grated potatoes and crushed peanuts, not to forget some lemon juice and green chilli paste, the Upvaas Thalipeeth is a real treat to your palate too. Remember to season your thalipeeth with rock salt, and garnish generously with chopped coriander for a perky aroma! Serve it hot with tasty green chutney.
Recipe Description for Upvaas Thalipeeth ( Faraal Recipe)
- To make the upvaas thalipeeth, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using approx. 1 ½ tbsp water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with ghee.
- Grease your fingers with a little ghee, place a portion of the dough on the tava (griddle) and pat it evenly with greased fingers to form a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Cook, using a 1 tsp ghee (½ tsp on each side), till they turn golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 3 more upvaas thalipeeth.
- Serve the upvaas thalipeeth hot with green chutney.
See step by step images of Upvaas Thalipeeth ( Faraal Recipe)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.