Til and Dry Fruit Chikki Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2398 times
A tasty and energy-dense bar, which you ought to carry around in a small box in your handbag, if you tend to feel tired often! Rich in nutrients like protein, iron and vitamin E, this Til and Dry Fruit Chikki will beat fatigue and satisfy your sweet tooth in one shot. Nutritious jaggery replaces sugar in this wonderful chikki, while iron-rich til imparts a nice texture and intense aroma to it. Suitable for all age groups, this chikki is quite handy to carry around in a dabba to school or office. If you are serving it to kids, use a sharp cookie cutter to shape this chikki into interesting forms.
Recipe Description for Til and Dry Fruit Chikki
- Heat a deep non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same deep non-stick pan, add the almonds and pistachios and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in the same deep non-stick pan, add the jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the roasted sesame seeds, almonds and pistachios and mix very well.
- Immediately transfer the entire mixture on the back side of the greased thali or a smooth greased stone surface. Roll it out thinly into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a greased rolling pin.
- Cut it into 13 mm. X 13 mm. (½’’×½’’) square pieces using a sharp knife. Allow it to cool completely.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
See step by step images of Til and Dry Fruit Chikki Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.