Sweet Boondi Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 19984 times
Sweet boondi, a very easy and quick way to make these delicious boondi. . Serve them hot to your guest and they will surely relish it !
Recipe Description for Sweet Boondi
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a high flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sugar syrup is of 1 thread consistency.
- Add the saffron-water mixture, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the besan and ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of the batter at a time over a large round perforated spoon (boondi jhara) so that boondi drops in the ghee.
- Deep-fry the boondi over a medium flame and remove using a slotted spoon and put them in the warm sugar syrup and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with cardamom powder, pistachio slivers and almond slivers.
- At step no 2, hold the perforated spoon 3 to 4 inches above the kadhai as the ghee is very hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.