Spinach Koftas in Red Gravy Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 9933 times
Spinach gives a healthy spin to the koftas in this recipe, while the paneer makes it a scrumptious mouthful! a variety of spices including charoli, jeera, khus khus and dhania ground along with coconut and onions and added to the tomato-based gravy, gives a vibrant feel to the spinach kofta in red gravy. Remember to add the koftas just before serving.
Recipe Description for Spinach Koftas in Red Gravy
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the spinach and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain, refresh with cold water and keep aside.
- Trim the edges of the bread slices and crumble them.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, including the spinach and crumbled bread in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and roll them into small round balls.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few balls at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the tomatoes to it and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the tomatoes soften.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan or kadhai, add the paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, tomato pulp, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the gravy.
- Add the koftas to it, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Spinach Koftas in Red Gravy Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.