Spicy Chawli Leaves and Spinach Stuffed Parathas video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1536 times
Spicy Chawli Leaves and Spinach Stuffed Parathas video. Greens and carrots, interestingly flavoured with ginger, green chillies and other common but effective taste-givers, form the stuffing for these sumptuous whole wheat parathas.
The combination of spinach and chawli greens gives the parathas a unique, very appetizing taste that you are sure to enjoy.
Recipe Description for Spicy Chawli Leaves and Spinach Stuffed Parathas
- Combine the whole wheat flour, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the ginger paste and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the amaranth leaves, spinach, carrot and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling. Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using 1 tsp of oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with curds.
See step by step images of Spicy Chawli Leaves and Spinach Stuffed Parathas Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.