Rice Rava Dosa Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2340 times
Rice Rava Dosa Video. This is a really tempting variant of the regular dosa, which does not require any grinding or fermentation. Made of a batter of rice flour and semolina, tempered with onion, coconut and cashew, this quick and easy dosa can be made on any day for breakfast or as a snack.
Recipe Description for Rice Rava Dosa
- Combine the rice flour, semolina, curds, black pepper, salt and approx. 3¼ cups of water in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, asafoetida, onions, cashewnuts and coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add this tempering over the rice-semolina mixture and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil and sprinkle little water on it and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour ½ cup batter evenly on the tava (griddle), smear 1 tsp of oil on the dosa and cook it on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more rice rava dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
See step by step images of Rice Rava Dosa Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.