Pressure Cooker Rava Cake Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 147 times
Pressure Cooker Rava Cake Video. Here is a spongy rava based cake with the crunch of nuts and an aesthetic touch of cardamom. The best part about the cake is that it is made easily in a pressure cooker, and does not require an oven.
Recipe Description for Pressure Cooker Rava Cake, Eggless Sooji Cake Recipe
- To make pressure cooker rava cake, combine the semolina, cardamom powder and powdered sugar in a deep bowl and mix well using a spoon.
- Add the oil, curds, ¼ cup of milk and mixed nuts and mix gently using a spatula.
- Cover the batter with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and the remaining ¼ cup of milk and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased aluminium 150 mm. (6”) diameter cake tin.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and keep a stand in it.
- Slowly place the cake tin on the stand in the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook on a slow flame for 20 minutes, without using the ring and whistle.
- Open the lid and check the cake with help of a knife. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
- Remove the cake tin and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, loosen the edges using a knife.
- Invert the cake tin over a plate and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Invert the cake, cut into pieces and serve.
See step by step images of Pressure Cooker Rava Cake, Eggless Sooji Cake Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.