Potato Tikki Sandwich Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1518 times
The desi answer to pre-fabricated burgers! Lightly buttered bread plays host to crisp and sumptuous potato tikkis, crisp lettuce and juicy carrots, with a splash of tomato ketchup too, making the Potato Tikki Sandwich a delicious meal-on-the-go. The use of green peas adds streaks of its nutty texture to the potato mix, while nigella seeds and amchur powder impart a tantalizing flavour. You will love the burst of flavours in the tikki, as well as the unique mouth-feel of crisp tikkis sandwiched between the softest of soft breads.
Recipe Description for Potato Tikki Sandwich
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the cornflour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the cornflour and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 5 equal portions and roll each portion into a flat round tikki.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few tikkis at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Place 2 buttered bread slices on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards.
- Spread ½ tsp of tomato ketchup on both the buttered bread slices.
- Place the potato tikki on a bread slice and put carrot and lettuce evenly over it.
- Sandwich it using another bread slice with the buttered-tomato ketchup side facing downwards.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 4 more sandwiches. Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.