Potato Rosti with Mushroom Pepper Sauce Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 7556 times
Rosti is a potato-based dish of swiss origin, where it used to be a common breakfast especially for farmers. Here, grated potatoes are mixed with cheese and a sprinkling of green chillies and cooked covered till a good aroma wafts out of the pan. What makes this version very interesting is a coat of aromatic mushroom pepper sauce and a topping of sautéed mixed veggies. Potato rosti with mushroom pepper sauce is indeed a wholesome breakfast but can be had as an accompaniment for lunch or dinner too.
Recipe Description for Potato Rosti with Mushroom Pepper Sauce ( Rosti)
- Heat the oil and butter in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame or a few seconds.
- Add the celery and plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium lame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mushrooms, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of water if the mushrooms start burning.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pepper powder and fresh cream , mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the capsicum, carrots, broccoli, salt and pepper, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the potatoes, salt and cornflour in a plate and mix very well with help of two forks. Keep aside.
- Grease a fry pan with butter evenly and sprinkle cheese evenly all over.
- Sprinkle the green chilies evenly all over.
- Add the potato mixture and press very well. Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Loosen the sides of the rosti with the help of a knife, place a plate inverted on the fry pan and turn the pan to invert the rosti on the plate.
- Pour 3/4th of the mushroom sauce evenly over the rosti and spread the vegetables evenly over it.
- Pour the remaining ¼ th of the mushroom sauce over it and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.