Potato Kathi Roll Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 12792 times
Kathi rolls as they are known in northern india are hot crispy rotis served with a choice of fillings. This mouth-watering recipe originated as a good way to use up left-over chapatis which were warmed in ghee or butter and rolled up with a spicy vegetable mixture with a sprinkling of chaat masala. Kathi rolls are versatile enough to be served at any time of the day and can even land up at a party as a cocktail snack! use any combination of vegetables you like e.g. paneer, corn or green peas to make these vegetarian Indian frankies.
Recipe Description for Potato Kathi Roll
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover with wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the filling into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 250 mm. (7”) diameter thin circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using a little ghee, till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Spread one portion of the filling on one end of the roti and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make more 5 more rolls.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Potato Kathi Roll Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.