Poha Yellow Moong Dal Dosa video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 6112 times
Poha Yellow Moong Dal Dosa video. Just like rotis made of different flours have different flavours, dosas made of varied batters also have varied flavours. Not only the taste but the aroma and texture of the dosa also varies according to the ingredients used in the batter.
Some batters need to be fermented while some do not. The Poha Yellow Moong Dal Dosa is of the latter variety. While it requires an hour and a half of soaking, the batter does not need to be fermented.
Recipe Description for Poha Yellow Moong Dal Dosa
- Combine the poha, yellow moong dal and fenugreek seeds in enough water in a deep bowl and soak it for 1 hour 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer along with coconut and 1 cup of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Smear a little ghee over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns brown in colour.
- Turnover and cook again till the other side gets cooked as well.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 11 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
See step by step images of Poha Yellow Moong Dal Dosa Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.