Pizza Margherita Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1432 times
Pizza is a fast food that leaves lot of room for your creativity! Topped with veggies and sauces, you can have it just the way you like it. However, there are times when you wish for a simple, cheesy pizza with minimal ingredients. The Pizza Margherita comes in handy at such times. A soft crust topped with a zesty pizza sauce and smothered with a generous layer of cheese, this basil flavoured pizza is sure to impress you with its simple elegance.
Recipe Description for Pizza Margherita, Thin Crust Veg Pizza
- Make criss-cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
- Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them. Blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the pizza sauce into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 pizza base on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the pizza sauce evenly over each pizza base.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese evenly over each pizza and finally pour ½ tbsp of olive oil evenly over it.
- Place both the pizzas on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the base is evenly browned and the cheese melts.
- Repeat step 1 to 3 to make 2 more pizzas.
- Arrange the basil evenly on top of each pizza base, cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.