Moong Dal Barfi Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 5559 times
A richly-textured mixture of moong dal paste and crumbled mava is cooked in sugar syrup, and flavoured aesthetically with desi spices to make a delicious Moong Dal Barfi that looks appetising and tastes fabulous. The best part about this irresistible Moong Dal Barfi is that it stays well at room temperature for more than two weeks, which makes it a nice treat to stock in your kitchen shelf! While preparing it, make sure you let the sugar syrup cool for a minute before proceeding; else the barfi will turn hard.
Recipe Description for Moong Dal Barfi
- Clean, wash and soak the yellow moong dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 2 hours. Drain well and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste without using water. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the yellow moong dal paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 20 minutes or till it turns brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mava, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the 1 cup of water and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a high flame for 7 minutes or till it gets a one string consistency, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar syrup to the moong dal mixture and add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a 250 mm. X 125 mm. (10” x 5”) greased aluminum tin and spread it evenly.
- Garnish it evenly with pistachios and keep aside to set for 2 hours or till it sets.
- Cut into 18 equal square pieces.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
- The barfi remains fresh when stored in an air-tight container for 10 to 12 days at room temperature or 20 to 25 days in the refrigerator.
See step by step images of Moong Dal Barfi Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.