Mexican Cheese Fondue Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 3768 times
This is not one of those bland, cheesy fondues! It is a spicy treat, a true tongue-tickler that will shake awake your taste buds. Here, two exotic varieties of cheese are perked up with a flavourful, homemade chunky salsa, jalapeno paste, peppy seasonings and a couple of other ingredients, which lend the Mexican Cheese Fondue a perfectly creamy texture and fabulous flavour. Although the ingredients sound exotic, they are now easily available in specialty stores and the gourmet sections of supermarkets and online shopping websites, so you will not have any trouble finding them. When adding the cheese to the fondue, it is important to stir the mixture in the shape of an eight to prevent it from sticking to the bottom. Watch our video to understand the nuances of making this delicacy.
Recipe Description for Mexican Cheese Fondue
- Combine the monterey jack cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, cornflour and taco seasoning mix in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the white wine, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the wine starts boiling, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ½ cup of the prepared chunky salsa, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese mixture gradually, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till no lumps remain, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the jalapeno paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with bread loaf cubes.
See step by step images of Mexican Cheese Fondue Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.