Mexican Bread Tartlets Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 13357 times
Cute, little bread tartlets are filled with a delicious mixture of corn, capsicum, tomatoes and onions and topped with a generous layer of cheese. These tartlets must be eaten warm after they’re baked and the cheese is all molten. A great snack for children!
Recipe Description for Mexican Bread Tartlets
- Heat the oil in broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the dried mixed herbs, chilli flakes, sweet corn and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices.
- Roll each slice with a rolling pin.
- Press the rolled slices into the cavities of a muffin tray which is lightly greased with butter.
- Brush with melted butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Keep aside.
- Divide the filling into 9 equal portions and fill a portion into each bread tartlet.
- Spread ½ tsp of tomato ketchup and 1 tsp cheese evenly over each tartlet.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Mexican Bread Tartlets Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.