Mexican Bhel Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 460 times
Mexican Bhel Video. Bhel, the ever-popular Mumbai roadside snack is so popular all over the world that it has managed to fire people's imagination and spin out innumerable variants.
Recipe Description for Mexican Bhel
- Combine the flours and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a high flame and when hot, place the tortilla gently over it. Cook it lightly on the tava for a few seconds.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 4 more tortillas.
- Cut into small equal diamond shaped pieces using a sharp knife or a cutter.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few tortilla chips at a time, on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Cool and store in an air-tight container till use.
- Combine the salsa, sweet corn kernels, colored capsicum, rajma ,cheese and little salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the tortilla chips and toss gently.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander and sev.
See step by step images of Mexican Bhel Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.