Low Calorie Vegetable Augratin Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 15378 times
A healthy version of vegetable au gratin. The veggies are cooked in a creamy sauce in which the creamy texture is retained by the use of low calorie white sauce made with cauliflower puree instead of high fat butter. Small portions of such healthy main courses can support weight loss by taking of the edge off your appetite so you won't overeat at mealtimes.
Recipe Description for Low- Calorie Vegetable Au Gratin
- Combine the cauliflower and 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cauliflower turns soft.
- Blend it in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the whole wheat flour and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously with the help of a whisk till no lumps remain.
- Add the cauliflower purée, mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and pepper powder, mix well and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the mixed vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the low calorie white sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer into a greased baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
See step by step images of Low- Calorie Vegetable Au Gratin Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.