Jalebi Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 29031 times
A quick variation of the traditional dessert using yeast to ferment the jalebis instantly
Recipe Description for Jalebi, Recipe For Jalebi, Homemade Jalebi
- Combine the yeast with 2 tbsp of warm water in a bowl and keep aside for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine this yeast mixture with the plain flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Add 5 tbsp of water if required to make a thick batter and cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a high flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the sugar syrup is of 1 thread consistency.
- Combine the saffron strands, saffron colour and 2 tsp of sugar syrup in a bowl and add to the sugar syrup and mix well. Keep aside.
- Select a plastic bottle with a small hole in the lid and fill with the batter.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and press the bottle to form a coil shaped jalebi, starting from the inside to the outside.
- Deep-fry till the jalebis turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Place the fried jalebis into the warm syrup. Leave for 2 minutes or till they soak the sugar syrup well and then remove from the sugar syrup.
- Serve immediately garnished with cardamom powder, almond slivers and pistachio slivers.
See step by step images of Jalebi, Recipe For Jalebi, Homemade Jalebi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.