Jaggery Malpuas Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 15302 times
A classic recipe from a by-gone era that continues to rock the charts! Replace sugar with jaggery in your daily diet wherever possible to get enough iron.
Recipe Description for Jaggery Malpua
Makes 12 malpuas
- Heat ¾ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, add the jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the jaggery melts.
- Remove from the flame, transfer into a bowl and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Add the whole wheat flour and fennel seeds and mix well till no lumps remain.
- Add the cardamom powder, fruit salt and 2 tsp of water and mix gently.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using a little ghee.
- Pour a small ladleful of the batter on it and spread it evenly to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle.
- Cook, using a little ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 11 more malpuas.
- Serve immediately garnished with cardamom powder and pistachio slivers.
See step by step images of Jaggery Malpua Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.