Green Pea and Cucumber Sandwich Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 12732 times
A triple-decker feast prepared with buttered bread roundels packed with a green peas mixture and refreshing cucumber slices. You will love the blend of crunchy cucumber and nutty green peas laced with mayonnaise and chilli sauce as you bite into the sumptuous Green Peas and Cucumber Sandwich.
Recipe Description for Green Pea and Cucumber Sandwich
Makes 4 sandwiches
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green peas, soda bi-carb and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, add the mayonnaise and chilli sauce and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut the bread slices into approx. 62 mm. (2½ ") diameter rounds with the help of a cookie cutter.
- Place 3 bread roundels on a flat, dry surface, apply a little butter and ½ tsp green chutney over them.
- Spread 1 portion of the green pea stuffing over 1 bread roundel and sandwich with another bread roundel with the buttered-chutney side facing upwards.
- Place 3 cucumber slices and sprinkle a little salt over it.
- Sandwich with the 3rd bread roundel with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Green Pea and Cucumber Sandwich Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.