Green Chilli Thecha video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 581 times
This chatpata dish is sure to add a lot of excitement to your meal! A classic Maharashtrian accompaniment, the Green Chilli Thecha goes best with Chawal Bhakri, Whole Wheat Bhakri and Jowar Bhakri and can be made in small batches and stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. A delectably spicy combo of green chillies, garlic, peanuts and coriander, the thecha can be ground in a mixer but will taste even better if you patiently crush it in a mortal-pestle!
Recipe Description for Green Chilli Thecha, Hirvi Mirchi Cha Thecha
- Heat a small non-stick pan, add the peanuts and dry roast on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, de-skin the peanuts and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.
- Use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.