Last Updated : Oct 25,2017
Viewed 15312 times
Any cheese that can multi task in its appearance as an accompaniment for appetisers, soups, salads, the main course and dessert, while pairing well with wine is referred to as a table cheese. From soft cheese like Feta and Fontina to semi-soft and hard cheeses like Gouda and Pecorino, there is a wide variety of table cheeses to suit every palate.
Grated table cheese
To grate table cheese, rub it against a grater. These shreds will range in size according to size of the holes in the grater. It can be grated thinly or thickly using a grater as required by the recipe.
How to Select
• Depending on the cheese of your choice, they can be found in supermarkets and specialty stored sold as a solid block packed in brine, or as big chunks.
• Choose from a wide range of sizes, firmness, and textures.
• Ensure that the manufacturing and expiry details are read carefully before buying.
• Each table cheese varies from the other and can be had as is.
• Plan your menu in such a way that it accommodates the cheese of your choice from start to finish.
• Look for innovate recipes that are a blend of exotic flavours like a chilled watermelon with crumbled Feta cheese salad or baked potato, drizzled with olive oil, pepper, oregano and baked with crumbled table cheese topping.
• There are a great many uses for table cheese, be creative in the kitchen and innovate as you go along.
How to Store
• Exposing cheese to air causes it to dry out. This in turn hampers the original taste by making the cheese a little too sharp or sour.
• If you buy cheese stored in brine, continue using that for storage under refrigerated conditions.
• Always ensure that the product is sealed tightly and stored.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.