Last Updated : Oct 24,2017
Viewed 6696 times
Also Known as
Soft Peach, Semi-mashed peaches
Stewed Peach is very easy to chew, digest and has a soothing effect. It is mostly given to infants and old people who have denture problems. Peel and chop peaches, put them in a pan add a little water and sugar (as per taste) and leave them on a medium/low heat, keep an eye on them so the pan does not become dry. Strain it and cool. Eat it warm or cold as preferred. Fruit is, of course, wonderful as is, and is a delightful ingredient in cakes or pies. You can also spice it up with clove or cinnamon.
How to Select
Purchase firm and intact peaches with that golden red yellow glow. Skins should be smooth, with no bruises. Also, readily available commercially in cans or tins. Read the label of ingredients well and verify on manufacturing as well as expiry date.
· Stewed peach can be mixed with milk. A little honey or sugar will make it yummier.
· If you are stewing peaches to make a pie mix both cooking and peaches and throw in some sugar and some cinnamon.
· Use it for peach sauce, salads, every peach recipe.
How to store
It can be stored in an air-tight container, in a refrigerator. It is but advisable to use fresh as and when needed.
· Easy Chewing Easy Digestibility - instant energy.
· They are quite low in calories with a fair amount of fiber.
· A very good Baby food for infants and growing kids.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.