roasted fennel seeds powder
Last Updated : Jan 11,2018
Viewed 6413 times
Also known as
Roasted fennel seeds powder is a aromatic and flavourful powdered herb, called fennel or saunf. It is derived from a shrub which is an erect aromat. Fennel seeds are pale greenish in colour and have a faint sweet and refreshing flavour. To amek roasted fennel seds powder, fennel seeds are air dried, roasted and grounded into fine powder. Roasted fennel seeds powder is also hugely used in cooking, To make roasted fennel seeds powder, dry roast the fennel seeds on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till it emits an pleasant aroma, cool and dry gring and store in air - tight container. It will stay fresh for 2 to 3 months. It can be liberally sprinkled on soups, salads and stocks to flavour them. It can also be spread on pasta, pizza and eggs.
How to select
Powdered fennel seed powder is available ready-made in stores. One can select according to brand preference. The powder has to be stored in air-tight bottles away from moisture and pests. It keeps fresh for 5-6 months. Always choose the fennel seed powder made from organically grown fennel.
• In Indian cooking, roasted fennel seeds powder is widely used to flavour all vegetable and meat dishes.
• It flavours salads, soups and stews.
• It even flavours fish curries.
• It is used in marinades to marinate fish and chicken.
• It is also used to flavour eggs.
• It is also added to risotto.
How to store
Roasted fennel seeds powder, when made at home can be stored in an air-tight container for 2-3 months in a cool and dry palce. The powder should be kept away form pests and humidity.
• Fennel seeds can cure bad breath problem and indigestion.
• They also relieve chronic coughs.
• Fennel water has properties mixed with sodium bicarbonate and syrup, these waters constitute the domestic 'Gripe Water', used to ease flatulence in infants.
• Fennel seeds can relax intestines and reduce bloating caused by indigestion.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.