Last Updated : Dec 08,2020
Viewed 86652 times
What is peepramul powder?
Peepramul is also known as ganthoda not same as sonth (dry ginger) though. It is typically used in powder form with equal mix of ginger powder, jaggery and water to help with the gastric troubles and joint pains. Peepramul powder is derived from a rhizoid which is similar to ginger root. The characteristic odor and flavor of peepramul root is caused by a mixture of zingerone, shogaols and gingerols, volatile oils that compose about one to three percent of the weight of fresh peepramul root.
How to select peepramul powder
The peepramul powder should be free from dust, stones or ant debris. The powdered dry peepramul roots should be without any lumpiness. Check the expiry date before buying pre packaged peepramul powder.
Culinary Uses of peepramul powder
· Young peepramul rhizomes are juicy and fleshy with a very mild taste. They are often pickled in vinegar or sherry as a snack or just cooked as an ingredient in many dishes.
· Peepramul powder can also be stewed in boiling water to make herbal tea, to which honey is often added as a sweetener; sliced orange or lemon fruit may also be added
· Peepramul Powder is often used as a spice in Indian recipes and Chinese cuisine to flavor dishes such as seafood or mutton and vegetarian recipes.
How to store peepramul powder
The peepramul powder can be stored in an air tight container and used for months.
Health benefits of peepramul powder
· In Ayurveda, it is advised to take ginger, licorice and Peepramul powder together everyday to guard the mobility of the body.
· Tea brewed with peepramul powder is a folk remedy for colds.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.