Original Bisquick is the original pancake and baking mix. Bisquick mix revolutionized baking when it was introduced in 1931. General Mills introduced revolutionary Bisquick as a time-saving produce trusted by homemakers - pre-blended, quality ingredients that delivered consistently on convenience and flavor . Generations of families have enjoyed delicious homebaked meals and desserts that start with a cup or two of Bisquick. You would just need to press a few fresh herbs into the ready mix, roll up the pancakes, brush with egg and bake. You may innovate and nuts, coconut or chocolate fillings as per your choice. Bake up Original Bisquick mix to make a weeknight dinner extra special, serve them as part of your classic holiday meals, and use pancakes for recipes from appetizers to casseroles to desserts.
How to select
Bisquick is available in the market in many varieties. The Bisquick Light, Bisquick Heart Smart™ and Shake 'n Pour™ are the recent examples of how the product continues to evolve to meet consumers' cooking needs. Choose the variation which suots your recipe requirement. Check the expiry date before buying the ready mix.
· Original Bisquick is used to prepare pancakes. Heat your skillet over medium-high heat, or turn your griddle to 375 degrees about 5 minutes before you plan to use it. Your skillet is ready when a few drops of water skitter across the surface. Grease the cooking surface with a light coating of vegetable oil or spray with cooking spray before heating. Stir the batter with a whisk or fork, just until the ingredients are moistened. Measure ingredients carefully. Batter that is too thin will spread unevenly and result in flat pancakes. Batter that is too thick won't spread much at all. If you like your pancakes on the thinner side, add a little milk to the batter. For well-rounded pancakes about 4-inches wide, pour the batter onto the hot skillet using a ¼-cup measuring cup, a large spring-handled ice cream scoop or a large spoon. Pancakes are ready to flip when they're puffed, covered with bubbles and slightly dry around the edges. Cook the other side until it is golden brown.
· The original Bisquick can be transformed into biscuits, coffee cake, meat pies.
· Bisquick is all about versatility - from breakfast bakes and quick breads to casserole dinners and easy desserts.
· The warm pancakes may be filled with ham and cheese or feta cheese and spinach
· Original Bisquick pancakes are commonly served alongside coffee as a breakfast.
· For variety, stir fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries, finely chopped apples, thinly sliced bananas, mini- chocolate chips or nuts into the batter.
· For flavorful toppings, try sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or bananas with whipped cream or a little powdered sugar sprinkled on top.
How to store
The Original Bisquick mix should be stored in an airtight container. To freeze pancakes, cool and wrap them in aluminum foil or place them in a freezer bag for up to a month. To reheat, place them in single layer on baking sheet, cover with foil and heat at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
· Original Bisquick provides a quick source of carbohydrate thus keeping hunger away.
· Since these rolls are high in sugar and fat content, have them in limited amounts only