Last Updated : Jan 08,2018
Viewed 10730 times
Orange Extracts are highly concentrated flavors extracted from oranges onto an alcohol base. The industry minimum is 33% alcohol for all extracts, which is burned off in the cooking or baking process, leaving a rich flavor. The high alcohol content makes pure extracts extremely shelf-stable - a closed, airtight bottle of extract will be good for many years. Orange extracts are an easy way to add strong flavors to baking, sauces, ice cream, and beverages.
How to select
Select only pure orange extracts as they add flavors to any recipe in minimal quantities. Select the ones which do not contain any gluten or added sugar.
· Orange extract has a fruity orange flavor for all your baking needs.
· This wonderful flavor is useful anywhere you need a bit of orange. The orange extract produces a distinct orange flavor in desserts and sauces.
· Orange extract is also a nice addition to cocoa and tea
· Use pure orange extract to flavor marinades, compound butter, chutney, syrup and chocolate sauce. The Orange Extract can also be used to flavor vegetable dishes including sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, broccoli, and green beans.
· For a great depth of flavor, try layering a dish with both fresh ingredients along with an extract, such as freshly squeezed orange juice along with orange extract.
How to store
The orange extracts are usually stored in dark colored bottles, kept away from heat or direct sunlight. They may be stored under room temperatures or in the refrigerator for almost a year.
Orange extracts are used predominantly to flavor baked goods and beverages. They do not contain any substantial health benefits.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.