Last Updated : Oct 05,2017
Viewed 6839 times
Menthol is an organic compound naturally occurring in mint plants. It is also synthetically manufactured. Menthol is widely used in a number of products and features certain therapeutic qualities.
How to Select
It is easily available in market. Check the expiry date as well as manufacturing, for maximum freshness.
· Menthol is most popularly known for infusions.
· It is described as a powerful aromatic taste followed by a sensation of cold when air is drawn into the mouth.
· It also adds a great taste to sweets and confectionaries, where it is preferably used in the form of the pure essential oil.
· The freshness of menthol goes extremely well with chocolate flavour.
· Peppermint ice cream is especially delightful on a hot summer day, making use of the cooling properties of menthol.
· It is a good tea to drink either during meals or after meals to aid digestion.
How to Store
It can be best stored in an air tight container at room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
· Because of its cooling effect, menthol is used in products meant to relieve skin irritation, sore throat, or nasal congestion.
· It may be used to treat sunburn, fever, or muscle aches as well.
· In traditional Asian medicine, menthol may be prescribed for nausea, diarrhea, indigestion, headache, cold, or sore throat.
· When used as a supplement for health reasons, menthol is usually taken in the form of peppermint oil.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.