Last Updated : Apr 20,2021
Viewed 7027 times
Also Known as
Khoya peda, mava peda
What is mawa peda, mava peda, khoya peda?
A popular Indian delicacy often prepared in festivals and special occasions. These days, mawa pedas are also used as basic ingredients in many Indian desserts, where khoya needs to be replaced or substituted. Mawa peda is basically a soft milky sweet made from white khoya, sugar, pistachios and flavored with cardamom. They are also available in saffron flavoured, known as kesar mawa peda. Mawa pedas are creamy having a smooth texture and just melts in your mouth. It is rich to taste and flavourful. It has a distinct flavour and the cardamom enhances the flavour giving an amazing sweet and floral taste. These pedas are easily available in market and can be prepared at home too.
How to select mawa peda, mava peda, khoya peda
Choose from a trusted sweet shop, where the quality of khoya used is assured to be of a premium quality. Check for the freshness by judging the softness of the pedas. Preferably buy freshly prepared pedas as their shelf life is not long.
Culinary Uses of mawa peda, mava peda, khoya peda in Indian Cooking
• They taste best as it is, especially when fresh and soft.
• They can be used to create some innovative recipes like mawa cupcakes and other desserts.
• They can also be added to Indian desserts like kheer and phirni to enhance the consistency and smoothness along with its taste.
How to store mawa peda, mava peda, khoya peda
• Try and use the pedas the day you bring them home from market or the day they are prepared.
• They can be stored in a clean air-tight container in refrigerated conditions for 3 to 4 days.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.