Last Updated : Jan 30,2018
Viewed 12689 times
Also known as
Dried tarragon are slender branched stems. It is perennial herb and has an aromatic property reminiscent of anise. It is widely used in Western cuisine and is picking up popularity in Asia too.
How to select
Dried Tarragon is available in loose package in stores and super markets. Choose the dried tarragon that is prepared from organically grown tarragon.
· The herb is used for flavoring vinegar, popular as `Tarragon Vinegar`, pickles, preparing mustard, and to a limited extent for flavoring of soups, salads, meat dishes, certain cheeses and vegetables.
· It is commonly used to flavour chicken, fish and egg dishes.
· It is also used to flavour pastries.
· Dried Tarragon is used in sauces such as bearnaise or hollandaise.
· Combine with Dijon Mustard, Olive Oil and White Wine Vinegar for a delicious salad dressing.
· Use Dried Tarragon to season shrimps and prawns.
How to store
Dried tarragon has to be stored in air-tight containers. They can be kept sealed in fridge for upto 6-8 months. Discard them if they loose their flavour. Do not keep them in deep frezer.
· Dried tarragon relieves toothaches.
· It has also been used as a digestive aid, mild sedative. Apart from that, it helps treat stomach cramps and promoting the appetite.
· It promotes the production of bile by the liver, which aids in digestion and helps speed the process of eliminating toxic waste in the body.
· Dried Tarragon is extremely valuable in fighting intestinal worms.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.