· Cucumber juice should be consumed within 15-20 minutes of extraction to prevent any oxidation and loss of nutrients
· The best way of having cucumber juice is in its raw form, without any cooking or exposure to heat.
· Add carrots, tomato and beetroot with cucumber alongwith salt and pepper for a refreshing health drink.
How to store cucumber juice, kakdi ka ras, kheere ka ras
Ideally the cucumber juice should not be stored and consumed within minutes of its extraction. If you wish, you may though refrigerate it for some time and serve later.
Health benefits of cucumber juice, kakdi ka ras, kheere ka ras
· The cucumber juice is a dependable laxative food. It supplies bulk to aid bowel action. Those who suffer from constipation can greatly benefit by taking this juice.
· The juice of cucumber is a valuable food medicine in the treatment of hyperacidity, gastric and duodenal ulcers. It should be taken in doses of four to six ounces every two hours in such conditions.
· Cucumber juice in combination with the juice of carrots, beets and celery, has a very beneficial effect in the conditions associated with accumulation of uric acid such as arthritis, gout and rheumatism.
· Cucumber juice promotes hair growth due to its high silicon and sulphur content, particularly when mixed with carrot, lettuce and spinach juice.