cheddar cheese powder
Last Updated : Aug 19,2020
Viewed 44223 times
When regular cheese undergoes a process of dehydration, it becomes dry and powder like. Thin layers of cheese are sucked of all moisture and are then ground into a fine powder, a process similar to the making of milk powder. While the texture of real cheese is not present in powder form, the cheesy flavour remains and makes this the perfect form of cheese to flavour popcorn and chips with, or even sprinkle over pasta. Cheddar, Parmesan and Gouda are by far the top favourite cheese powder favourites with Feta and Blue cheese coming in second. Be creative in the kitchen and open your family to a variety of interesting cheese flavour combos.
How to select
• The cheese powder should be selected on the basis of which cheese flavour is required in a recipe as different cheeses can be used to make different types of cheese powders.
• The manufacturing and expiry dates are very important. Please read the label carefully before buying.
• Cheese powder can be used to add cheese flavour into breads by adding the cheese powder while making the dough.
• Cheese powder can be added to pizza seasoning or any other seasonings to give it that extra cheesy kick.
• Quickly add cheese powder to flavour popcorns once they are popped and hot. Just toss the hot popcorn with some cheese powder.
• Cheese powder can also be hydrated by blending it with some milk, broth or water and then using it as a base to create white creamy sauces from.
How to store
• Store the cheese powder in an airtight container and away from any moisture.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.