• Cashew butter is a good alternative to peanut or almond butter.
• The thick creamy nature of cashews, make this butter a key ingredients in soups, sauces and dips that require a cashew flavour.
• It can also be used as a spread on crackers, fresh fruit or in salads as a dressing.
• When making rich curries such as cashew butter chicken, this paste can be used generously for depth in flavour and taste.
• Frosting on cakes, pies, cupcakes or cookies, with cashew butter gives it an exotic flavour.
How to store cashew butter, cashew spread
• Butters made from nuts must be stored under optimum conditions or they might go rancid.
• While cashew butter would last a few months when refrigerated, the oil tends to separate. A quick mix and it should be fine.
• If you're making nut butter at home, store the dried nuts in the fridge as they last longer and stay crisper.