• Exquisite for a chilly fall morning. Apple butter hits is delicious when spread over toast that's warm, and crisp. Seasoning it with either ground cinnamon or cloves will keep you warmer for longer.
• Sandwiches will never taste the same with a little dressing like apple butter.
• An excellent addition to pies, tarts and puddings.
How to store apple butter
• The shelf-life of apple butter is more prolonged than apple sauce owing to the longer period of cooking.
• Label your bottles of homemade apple sauce with the expiry date.
• Depending on the method used to make your apple butter, it could last from 18 months to about 2 years, in the fridge, longer if frozen.