Ganesh Chaturthi Special, Nariyal Vadi video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 221 times
A crunchy coconut treat with a sugary rush, this Nariyal Vadi is a Maharashtrian mithai that is worth trying in this festive season. It is super simple to make and tatses amazing - the creamy crunch of coconut is combined with the charm of mixed nuts and the rich aroma of ghee to make an intoxicatingly sweet mithai.
Recipe Description for Nariyal Vadi, Naralachi Vadi, Maharashtrian Coconut Mithai
- Combine the coconut, sugar and ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Immediately pour into a greased 275 mm. ( 7”) diameter thali and spread it lightly.
- Cut them immediately into 12 equal pieces using a sharp knife, sprinkle the mixed nuts evenly over them and press it lightly.
- Keep aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
See step by step images of Nariyal Vadi, Naralachi Vadi, Maharashtrian Coconut Mithai Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.