Fusilli with Red Pepper Sauce Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8870 times
Romans often make this delicate preparation of pasta tossed with a lightly flavoured red pepper sauce spiked with herbs and jalapenos. As with many recipes where there are a few ingredients, it is the quality of the ingredients which makes the difference between a mediocre dish and an exceptional one. Choose firm and deep red coloured peppers, as they are sweeter and more concentrated in flavour. The result will be a more flavourful and brighter coloured sauce. You can replace the fusilli with any other short pasta like penne, conchiglie. You can even try the red pepper sauce with a filled pasta like tortellini or ravioli. The choice is yours.
Recipe Description for Fusilli with Red Pepper Sauce
- Combine the red capsicum and 2 cups of hot water in a bowl, cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the onion-garlic mixture to the soft capsicum and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Pour the prepared sauce in a broad non-stick pan, add the salt, jalapeno, cream, mixed herbs and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the fusilli, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the grated cheese and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh cream and cheese.
See step by step images of Fusilli with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.