Farali Pattice Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 19511 times
Who says a person cannot feast when fasting! faral means fast and these pattice are designed specifically for those who are fasting. The coating of arrowroat adds a unique dimension to this otherwise common dish. Served with sweetened curds, to complete the mast experience!
Recipe Description for Farali Pattice ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
- Divide the potato mixture and the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Flatten a portion of the potato mixture into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle and place a portion of the stuffing in the centre.
- Bring together the edges in the centre to seal the stuffing and shape it into a round. Keep aside.
- Roll the pattice in the arrowroot flour till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 7 more pattice.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the a few pattice on a medium flame till they turn brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Place 2 farali pattice on a plate and serve immediately with teekha chutney and sweetened curds.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more plates.
See step by step images of Farali Pattice ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.