Corn Korma Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 10104 times
Although the name korma suggests that this is rich, and indeed this Corn Korma does have a very luscious flavour and texture, the fact is that this delicacy is easier to prepare than the traditional korma and requires much less ingredients. While grated corn forms the base of this dish, it is aided in volume by a white sauce like mixture, and flavoured with a simple masala of coconut and pepper. These combine so beautifully, to create a really rich and interesting accompaniment for your favourite roti or paratha. Remember to sauté the corn well to get an inviting aroma.
Recipe Description for Corn Korma
- Combine the plain flour and milk in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the sweet corn, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, plain flour-milk mixture and the coconut-peppercorn paste, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
See step by step images of Corn Korma Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.